ECEPA's Planned Activities - 2004
The activities of ECEPA will focus on personal assistance, its role in de-institutionalization, in achieving equal opportunities and in enabling people with extensive disabilities to become contributing members of the community. To this end ECEPA will analyze existing policies and practices, document examples of good practice, develop model legislation, and impact policy makers.
In particular, ECEPA will engage in the following activities
- conduct comparative policy analysis in the area of personal assistance in Europe, including its labor market implications
- carry out comparative research on the prevalence of institutionalization and forced parental home accomodation of persons who depend in their daily lives on personal assistance.
- document and disseminate examples of good practice
- draft model legislation for personal assistance
- disseminate the results through the partners' websites, an electronic newsletter on personal assistance, events
- building alliances with other disability organizations, service providers, policy makers- impact local, regional and EU level politicians